Fixed Wireless Network Report
Preseem’s QoE monitoring and optimization platform ingests over 5 billion metrics per day from WISP networks. The Preseem Fixed Wireless Network Report leverages Preseem’s data set to provide a view into fixed wireless networks across providers and different kinds of equipment.
Key Insights from this edition include:
- Fixed wireless networks show little throughput degradation during peak which indicates they are not heavily oversubscribed
- The average fixed wireless subscriber uses 3.5 Mb/s when active
- The average fixed wireless subscriber uses 5.6 GB of data per day for a total of 167 GB per month
- Cambium and Ubiquiti access point equipment dominate fixed wireless deployments
- Fixed wireless networks leverage wider channel width to deliver service to a higher number of subscribers vs. delivering higher throughput to the same number of subscribers per access point
What’s in this Fixed Wireless Network Report?
This report answers questions like:
- What’s the average vs. peak download and upload throughput for a typical fixed wireless subscriber?
- How does the latency for a fixed wireless subscriber compare at peak vs other times of the day?
- Which manufacturer has the maximum access point market share by count of subscribers?
- How do different access point models compare on number of connected subscribers, throughput and latency?
- What is the typical channel width used by most WISPs?
and many more!