WISPAPALOOZA 2017, the premier fixed-wireless broadband conference and trade show hosted by Wireless Internet Service Providers Association (WISPA) returns to Las Vegas, the entertainment capital of the world, this October 9th to 13th, 2017.
WISPA’s flagship event in its seventh year now is expected to break all previous records of attendance by Wireless Internet Service Providers (WISPs), Vendors, technology companies, consultants and more. Running on high steam after a successful 2016 edition where over 1500 attendees from the US and 26 other countries participated, the event this year is expected to boast a participation of over 1800 attendees and 110+ exhibitors.
WISPAPALOOZA 2017 and Fiber Bootcamp 2017 will be held at the Rio Hotel & Casino and has a jam-packed agenda with numerous hands-on training events, conference-style sessions, networking breaks and a completely sold out exhibitor hall where manufacturers, consultants, software companies and other vendors will compete to showcase latest innovations for the fixed wireless industry.
From an entrepreneur interested in setting up a Fixed Wireless Internet business to seasoned professionals to policy experts and networking geeks, WISPAPALOOZA 2017 promises to be the best opportunity to bring the industry stakeholders under one roof for 5 long days and be a win-win for everybody.
Developed with serious consultation from WISPA members, advisors and previous event attendees, the agenda for this year’s WISPAPALOOZA offers WISPs a golden chance to go beyond general industry trends and networking. WISPs can get their hands dirty and understand specific technical, business, sales & marketing and even HR practices that can help them supercharge their business. Due to the sheer magnitude of the event and concurrent scheduling of events, it’s impossible for one person to participate in all the activities. So, we spent time going through the full schedule and listing down some must-attend sessions that WISP owners or representatives should definitely attend. In case you are interested, the full schedule and event participation options for WISPAPALOOZA 2017 is available on WISPA’s website here.
5 Must-attend sessions at WISPAPALOOZA 2017
1. Technical: Moving from IPv4 vs IPv6
- When: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 4.30pm – 5.30pm (Session Two)
- Why: With the Internet running out of IPv4 addresses, understand how your WISP network can migrate to the new IPv6 standard and why it’s important to plan this out at the earliest. Check out a short guide on IPv4 vs IPv6 here.
2. Exhibit Hall Reception
- When: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 5.30pm – 7.45pm
- Why: With a record-breaking 110+ displaying the latest wireless gear products and technology, you just cannot miss this reception. Visiting the exhibit hall allows you to understand more about latest innovations for WISPs, interact and form relationships with key staff at companies which could potentially lead to customized offers and savings! Many vendors offer quick demos and training sessions around the main WISPAPALOOZA event and you should check these out here and register for the ones most likely to help your business.
3. Regulatory: Net Neutrality – Understanding Internet Governance
- When: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 8.30am – 9.30am
- Why: With FCC proposing some major changes to existing net neutrality rules and receiving over 13,000 pages of complaints as reported recently, there was never a better time for you to understand internet governance and how it impacts your WISP business.
4. Technical: QoE
- When: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 10.00am – 11:00am
- Why: With large telcos like AT&T & Verizon entering the fixed wireless industry, it’s all the more important for WISPs to learn why subscriber’s QoE (Quality of Experience) matters, how they can measure, monitor and optimize it for business success. What’s more? Dan Siemon, co-founder Preseem (Aterlo Networks Inc.) would be part of the panel discussing QoE and happy to answer your questions at the venue. You can book a time with him here.
5. Marketing: Using Social Media as a Business Development Tool
- When: Thursday, October 12, 2017, 10.00am – 11:00am, Session Eight
- Why: With Facebook influencing over 50% of online and offline transactions in 2016, WISPs need to leverage the power of social media tools for business success and this session will highlight how you can leverage a wide variety of social media tools as part of your business development strategy.
Beyond the technical sessions and exhibition events, there will be ample opportunities to network at WISPAPALOOZA 2017 both formally at the lunch hours and speed dating sessions as well as post-event social gatherings. (It’s Vegas, after all!)
WISPAPALOOZA comes in once a year so make sure to maximize this opportunity for networking and growing your WISP business. Try to meet as many people as you can and of course, do make some time for fun! (Shh..what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas). If you’re coming to the event this year, we’ll love to know more about your plans and goals. Please comment below!
If you’re interested to know more about QoE monitoring and optimization for your network, make your way to Booth #9 in the Exhibit Hall between Tuesday, 10th Oct-Thursday, 12th October, and the Preseem team will be happy to meet you. More details here.